Blank Backstory

Is Necron the best boss ever? Is Zidane a black mage in disguise? Post your theories here!
honestka

Blank Backstory

Post by honestka » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:39 am

A friend and I were discussing Blank's possible backstory, especially as it relates to looking like he was stitched back together multiple times in large pieces (which, as my friend noted, is not immediately obvious when playing the original version).

I like to think he grew up in a forest to, idk, a poor woodcutter and his wife who died in an accident; he wandered lost into the nearest as a young kid just before Festival of the Hunt, oblivious to Lindblum's dangerous rituals and was partially consumed by some sort of monster that eats ya in a checkerboard fashion. (Baku saved the day.)

Idk if there's any official word out there but even if not, I'm curious on other fan takes or initial impressions?

Zidane
Site Admin

Re: Blank Backstory

Post by Zidane » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:18 pm

Interesting! I wonder if Marcus saved him and convinced Baku to let Blank be part of the gang, or perhaps vice versa; that could certainly explain why they're so close!

Semi-related, more on Blank's design inspiration than possible canonical origins: it looks like he was probably inspired by Black Jack, who's a stitched-up vampire-medic-dude who's known for his personal sacrifices. Sounds very familiar :D
You are not alone.